PRIVACY NOTICE – SCOTT SERVICE SUITES SDN BHD
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (ACT 709)
This Privacy Notice sets out how Scott Service Suites, will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- How do we protect your data
- How long may we retain your personal data
- Access to and correction of your personal information
- Online dealings with us
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover personal information collected or held by us about our employees and is to be read subject to any overriding provision of law or contract.
Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our guests, customers and business partners and are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we may collect personal information from you which may include contact information about you and/or other persons that you are making a booking for or travelling with (“Travel Companion(s)”), including but not limited to name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), passport and visa information and other relevant contact information, identification details, transaction information such as credit card details, booking and travel information, any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services), information captured on card key and other security systems, including a recording of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and a recording of your voice from calls made to us, information you provide us regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers, contact and other relevant details of corporations and individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents, meeting and event planners).
Where you provide us with the personal information of your Travel Companion, you confirm that you have obtained the prior consent of your Travel Companion(s) to provide us with their personal information and to view or change their information.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Make a reservation
- Fill up our registration card upon check-‐in/telephone/e-mail/web booking
- Subscribe to one of our publications (for example, newsletters and brochures)
- Fill up enquiry and feedback forms
- Fill up any of our guest survey questionnaires
- Make payment for goods and/or services
- Lodge a complaint with us
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or connected with you, for example from airlines, travel agencies and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. We also use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises.
How We Use Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilized for one or more of the following purpose:
- To process and confirm your hotel booking
- To provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase
- For identification and verification purposes
- For operational and administrative purposes
- To provide customer support and services
- Fulfil contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs)
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To send you information on products and services, special promotional offers, newsletters; and/or customer survey forms and questionnaires CCTV footage, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- For quality assurance purposes
- To provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors
- Detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorized use of our facilities
- Detecting and deterring criminal behaviour
- Conducting incident investigations
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- Companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Scott Service Suites.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit to you, except where otherwise requested by you. In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind concerning your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
The security of your personal data is our priority. Scott Service Suites takes all physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorised agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
How Long May We Retain Your Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards, we will destruct or permanently delete your data.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may inform us in writing. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your written notice and the relevant processing fee (if any). Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested is of a confidential commercial nature.
Information We Collect When You Visit Us Online
If you choose to obtain information or do business with us online by visiting www.scottservicesuites.com.my you may wish to know the following:
Scott Service Suites Website
When you visit our Website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to ascertain the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website. Such information is not linked to you as an individual. We use such information to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our Website.
We collect information about your use of our website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links To Third-Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our Website and does not apply to any third-party websites you may access from our Website. To determine how these third party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm – Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm – Saturday) at the following contact persons:
Designation : Front Office Executive or Assistant Front Office Executive
Telephone : (6) 04-2108338 & 04-2109889
E‐mail : email@example.com
Address : 52A, Lebuhraya Peel, 10350 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.